Doug, I have a few corrections to add to the translated text, as this
impacts a lot the way the context is perceived.

I copied the original translated paragraph that you posted and wrote a new
one just below, as follow:

*- Died on April 20 this year in Niteroi Francisco da Rocha Homem, son of
the late Manuel da Rocha Homem and Marianna Narcisa, natives of Terceira in
the kingdom of Portugal, and residing there around 30 years.*
**
*Died on April 29 this year, in Niteroi, Francisco da Rocha Homem, son of
the late Manuel da Rocha Homem and Marianna Narcisa, he was a native of
Terceira, and residing in this empire around 30 years. *
**
*[The day was 29, not 20. And the empire referred was the Empire of Brazil,
and where he lived about 30 years, not his parents living in Terceira.]

- His executors were in first place Joao Curvello de Avila, and second
Matheus da Rocha, and third Joao Luiz Gravito Junior, the first of whom
were equaly legal guardian of his son and inventorian of his estate.
*
*His executors were in first place Joao Curvello de Avila, and second
Matheus da Rocha, and third Joao Luiz Gravito Junior, the first of them
will also be the legal guardian of his son and executor of his estate. *
*[Note the verb in the future, not in the past]*
**

*- His interrment was accomplished as his executors wishes.*
*His burial and masses will be done in the way wished by the executor of
his will. *[Suffragio has a religious meaning in this case]

* *Ah, Catete is a neighborhood of the city of Rio de Janeiro, close to
downtown. Niteroi is another city, on the other side of the bay. It is
funny that he lived in Niteroi and worked in Rio de Janeiro, at that time
he had to cross the bay by boat, and was such a big distance.

I think I'm not missing anything,

Isabella Baltar

myportuguesegen.blogspot.com