Have you tried "Ask a Librarian" on either the Santa Clara County website
or the California State Library website?  I have had great luck using that
service when I need an obituary from "out of area" newspapers.  Usually
they can email you a copy without a fee.

Lisa

In a message dated 9/10/2013 11:03:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,