Lee,

They usually don't state if the grandparents are deceased.  After the name
Francisca Izabel it says "e materno" as the priest goes on to state the
maternal grands.  So you don't know if any of the grands are deceased.

The parents are natives of the parish of "sao Roque" of "Rosto do Cam."
Apparently, this priest/scribe didn't always capitalize or use modern
spellings.

He really squishes on the date, but I think it's the 12th.  He doesn't
capitalize the month and runs it into the "de" for "of" making you think
it's December.  I had to look at the other records around this one.  He
wrote "d'octubro" for "de Octubro" (or however October is spelled in
Portuguese).  The year is correct.

You're doing great on reading these!!
Cheri

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM, Lee <shorts...@suddenlink.net> wrote:

> I've listed below the link for the bapstismos record of Antonio Inacio
> Cabral. He is on the bottom of the left page.
>
> He was the son of Antonio Inascio dos Reis and Maria Izabel.  I read the
> grandparents as Joan Ignacio da Costa and Francisca Izabel for the paternal
> side and Joaquin Joze Soares and Roza Jacintha for the maternal side.
>
> I think it is staed that Francisca Izabel is decease but not sure I'm
> reading it correctly.  Also, not sure of what it states for the place of
> birth and where the parents where from (the same set of parents I've been
> searching for a marriage record for!)
>
> Also, can some please confirm the date of birth as the 12th of December
> 1853?
>
> Thanks!  Greatly appreciated.
>
> Lee
>

> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-LIVRAMENTO-B-1849-1860/SMG-PD-LIVRAMENTO-B-1849-1860_item1/P56.html