Linda J,

Hopefully, the CCA will post Sao Sebastiao before the end of the year.
They are in the "Sao" part of the alphabet and posting records in the
council of Ponta Delgada.

If you test your mtDNA, understand that you MUST be the daughter of the
daughter of the daughter of Leonor....women all the way back to her.  Also
understand that *most* mtDNA results are anthropological in nature - the
out of Africa theory.  You are less likely to get a genealogy match that
you would be able to document on paper unless you just happen to have a
rare mutation.  With that being said, we've had 1 or maybe 2 people who
have been able to document their mtDNA match on paper (due to a rare
mutation).  We have about 250 mtDNA results in the Azores database.

Currently, the other 2 types of DNA testing are Y-DNA (and Leonor was not a
man) or autosomal DNA (Family Finder).  The X chromosome testing is on the
horizon, so that will become the 4th type of DNA testing.  I would think
that there will be more on this in 2014.

Achada