José,

Most countries have privacy laws that forbid you from posting that kind of
information online. Article 8 of the human rights charter even grants you
the right to privacy (yes, you read that right: it's a human rights issue).

In Portugal at least, you can actually post that kind of data on a database
that's been approved to do so by the CNPD, as long as it's for scientifc
purposes (and genealogy IS a science)... Honestly, I'm not sure if the
Ancestry.com DB is authorized by the CNPD, and also, I clearly do not want
any of my family data out there. My system protects the privacy of the
living, or the dead until 10 years after their death. Or until the system
considers that the person is 100 years old.. I've got an aunt, whose data
is going to become public in 6 days, when she turns 100 :) But she's the
first one in over 2000 people in my DB to reach that age in these days
where that fact is checkable.

João C. Ventura