Cipriano, Bracelos/Baracelos for Barcelos; Curuvelo/Cruvelo/Coruvelo for
Curvelo.

JS Lopes

Em Quinta-feira, 9 de Janeiro de 2014 21:16, Eliseu Pacheco da Silva
<eliseuman...@gmail.com> escreveu:

Roxa = old portuguese spelling of Rocha!

De:azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] Em nome de Ricardo
Chaves
Enviada: quinta-feira, 9 de Janeiro de 2014 18:02
Para: Azores Geneolagy
Assunto: [AZORES-Genealogy] ROCHA - Santo Antonio Alem Capelas

Dear researchers, happy new year!

Doug Holmes, have you ever found any of your ROCHA spelled ROXA?

I am having some doubts about my lineage. There are a few Rocha in Santo
Antonio, several different lines but with same names. It happens that in 1879
my GG Grandfather was known as Manuel da Rocha, but 16 years earlier, it is
known as Manuel da Roxa!

Also in one year he is known as a farmer (camponez) and 16 years later a
fisherman (pescador or maritimo). If you, Doug, or anyone out there researching
these Rocha, please let me know if its normal Rocha being spelled Roxa in
earlier 1800's.

Cheers to all
--
Ricardo Chaves