Nancy,

Though all translation is treason I think moreno is brunet,

In the island of São Miguel Moreno is a surname of a well known family from
the early 1500's.
I am talking about João Moreno or João Afonso Moreno, from Vila Franca,
whose wife Maria or Mor Anes died at the age of 108 years old and had 30
chidren, grandchildren, g-grandchidren and g-g-grandchildren, according to
Dr. Gaspar Frutuoso.

And he is my ancestor too.

Manoel