Hi Nancy,
Manuel V Maciel's father was Anthony (Antonio?) V Maciel, and his mother
was some combination of Anna Marcellina or Anna Rosa or Anna A.
His mother may also have had the surname Malaquias at some point, and she
later re-married a Manual Soares.

Manuel V Maciel's siblings and/or half-siblings were Marguerite/Mary,
Joseph Lourenco, Mary/May, Rosalind/Rosalina, and Marion F Soares. This is
confirmed in the obituaries for these siblings. It seems their idea of
"sibling" was casual in that they could be half-related or less (twice
widowed alternate parents).

What makes it difficult is that they were fast and loose with their names
in Gloucester, even their last names! Joseph above referred to his own last
name as Malaquias early on. I find the Marguerite above in local records as
Margaret, Mary, Maggie, Marguerite, etc. It's hard for me to know what the
"real" names were. I have been told by helpful archivists in Gloucester
that Portuguese immigrants didn't always understand the concept of the
mother's maiden name, so often in records a female's middle name is listed.

Either way I'm excited to find the NEPS and CCA and hope to learn my way
around.

My dream is to someday take my children to Pico and see where their
GGGParents lived.