Thank you - Anthony married Agnes Eliza McGirty in Sydney NSW in 1874 aged
22 years. The other information I have comes from his naturalisation
certificate on 9 August 1888.
he died 4 April 1905 in Balmain , Sydney  aged 54 years, I have the
marriage certificate 16.2.1874 his parents are listed as Manuel Lorenzo (
Sailor) and Mary -  rights of roman catholic church. Also have his death
certificate but have not been able to find anything about his parents or
life before Australia

Only references to birth that I have are:
- his marriage certificate -16.2.1874  lists him as a sailor aged 23 years
- his naturalisation certificate - 9 august 1888 - lists him arriving in
Australia in 1861, and advising he is 34 years old, says he is a native of
Flores, West Island, Azores
- his first son was named Antoni George on his birth certificate (
3.11.1877 in Balmain Sydney) and the father is named as Antoni George
Larence - Mariner , aged 27 from Portugal

I do not have a birth date yet - but will shortly visit his grave in
Rookwood cemetery and that might help with a date of birth

Jane,