This Antonio Curvello would be my 6th Great Grandfather,this is the first
spelling with the u that I have found all others have been Corvello/Corvelo
as you stated. The Soares surname was not added till my 1st Great
Grandfather in the mid 1800's. As JR mentioned in an earlier post a very
good researcher on Terceira was not able to make the Corvello jump to Santa
Maria.Maybe there is a connection to this Antonio Catalao,if there is hope
I can find it. Thank you for the added information.

Muito Obrigado

Tony Soares