I also have some families connected to Santa Maria but I haven't researched
the island yet. I don't know if anyone has any connections to them...but
thought I would just put it out there.

Thereza do Espirito Santo born circa 1771, daughter of Antonio Soares and
Francisca Maria(Margarida?) of Santa Maria Isl

Maria dos Santos born 12 Sept 1775 daughter of Manuel de Matos and Anna de
Arruda of Santa Maria Isl

Maria dos Santos born 3 May 1758 in Sao Pedro Vila Franca do Campo daughter
of Antonio Jose of Santa Maria Isl and Antonia de Sao Jose of Sao Pedro
Vila Franca do Campo

Terri Santos
researching Agua de Pau, Agua d'Alto, Ginetes, Vila Franca do Campo