From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Anthony Soares
Sent: Sunday, February 09, 2014 10:01 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Incognito grandparents in baptismal records

AudioSourceInc,

 If you have the husbands name from the Baptismo, the next step is to find the
Casamento ( marriage ) record. It will require a "swag" ( scientific wild ass
guess) and you may end up searching several decades to find it. If you are
lucky the casemento will list the ages at time of marriage,that will narrow
your search for her baptism record otherwise it will be time for another
"swag". I usually start at age 20 and go from there ( haven't had to go younger
yet). Also if you are lucky she will not have a common name i.e.: Maria.
Depending on time period she may be described as pais incognito or nao pais
sabido.

hope this helps

Tony