Dear Rick:

Until Manuel's recent clarification, I too was in a muddle. The problem is as
follows:

There is André Carvalho (de Benevides) married to Isabel Ferreira, whom we now
know were married in Ginetes. We know the names of their fathers, but not their
mothers'. Based on their stated ages on their death records, 1709 and 1710,
they were born in 1613 and 1616 (which can be right on, way off or pretty
close).

And then there is André Martins Carvalho and Maria Carvalho, also of Ginetes.
Their daughter Catarina was married in 1651 to Francisco Gonçalves Ferreira
(son of Gaspar Fernandes and Maria Ferreira. They were related in the 4th
degree of consanguinity. Are Catarina Carvalho and Beatriz Ferreira related?

With information provided by Manuel, I need to carefully look through births
and marriages of these two couples to make sure I have them assigned to the
correct couples.

Thanks to Manuel, I have two more male ancestors to add to my tree: António
Carvalho from Ponta Delgada and Domingos Ferreira.

John

On Tuesday, February 11, 2014 10:12 PM, Richard Francis Pimentel