Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Antonio da Rosa (Roza) Maciel (Marcial)
baptized Nov 1860, S. Mattheus Magdalena, Pico
From: Manuel Martins <kambb...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, February 18, 2014 7:10 am
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Cc: Azores Genealogy <Azores@googlegroups.com>

This seems to be the match for  Jose Rosa Maciel and Isabel Mariana

On Friday, July 19, 2013 4:54:32 PM UTC-4, Cheri Mello wrote:
Repost ofr Anne Snyder <posie at aceweb.com)

John, My grandfather's name is sometimes spelled Antonio da Rosa Maciel or Roza or Marcial.  He was baptised in Nov. 1860 at St.
Mattheus Church, Magdalena, Pico, Diocese of Agra.

He became a citizen of the US in 1885.

There was also a whaling master, Antone Rose, (1841-1923) who was born in Pico.  I feel there must be a familial connection there but can't prove it.

I'm a life member of the American-Portuguese Genealogical and Historical Society headquartered in New Bedford MA.

Anne (Snyder)

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---