Yes, I'm aware of the FamilySearch records and that's what I have been
using.  However, the first marriage book which may have included his
marriage is not available (at least online, I will have to check with the
Parish in Brazil next time I'm there).  Same goes for the very earliest
birth records for his children.  I figured my next step would be to
research in Santa Maria.

Rodney