Hello everyone!  I'm hoping to get some advice on tracking down an
ancestor.  I have a fifth great-grandfather who immigrated to Brazil
sometime in the late 1700s.  His name was Ignácio José de Andrade.  On one
of his grandchildren's baptism records, it confirms that Ignácio was from
the island of Santa Maria.  Unfortunately, birth records of his direct
children and his marriage record are not available (it appears that they
were damaged).  So this is all I have to go on.

His wife was born in Brazil and I estimate that they got married in the
1790s in Rio Bonito, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

My best lead so far comes from an Inácio José Coelho de Andrade who arrived
in Rio de Janeiro in 1784 from Santa Maria.  This is according to the book
Relação dos imigrantes açorianos para os Estados do Brasil - vol. VII
(http://www.bparah.azores.gov.pt/genealogias/belo-araimundo-rel+passaportes/arbelo-rel+emigrantes+brasil+pass1771-74-bihit+vol.VI%281948%29.pdf).

Is anyone familiar with the Andrade families of Santa Maria that could help
me narrow down possible relatives?  Is it possible that Inácio José Coelho
de Andrade and Ignácio José de Andrade are the same person.  Would the
Coelho name have been dropped so easily?  It seems like such a small
island, and the combination of Ignácio and the surname Andrade shouldn't
bring up too many possibilities.  I'm willing to search all of them and
rule them out (for example if they were still in Santa Maria in 1795).

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm anxious to begin my search now that
Santa Maria is online.

Rodney