It worked. I had found that record via Familysearch.org, but of course
without the actual image. I wasn't sure about the spelling because it was
listed as Cardoze. Caroline is the name of my great grandmother. That is
why I was looking for what newspaper possibly would have an obituary for
Catherine. I am pretty sure Manuel Cardoza would be in the San Jose Mercury
in 1923, I just can't access it from PA.