Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Cuba
From: Nancy Couto <nvcouto...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, March 05, 2014 10:48 am
To: "azores@googlegroups.com" <azores@googlegroups.com>

My brother's few Y-DNA matches are mostly in Mexico, with one from Argentina, one in France (I think), and only one from the Azores.  He is G2a.  We have Family Finder matches from Mexico (with Nuevo Leon turning up more than once), Puerto Rico, Spain, and the Canary Islands.  These matches are mostly at the distant-cousin level.  I think it's not inconceivable that the common ancestors could go back as far as the Inquisition.  I also suspect we might have ancestors from Galicia, which is in Spain but was once part of Portugal.  The people there still speak a language that is very similar to Portuguese.

Nancy

P.S.  All four of our grandparents were born in the Azores.