(  <http://gw.geneanet.org/eliseumanuel> http://gw.geneanet.org/eliseumanuel )

De: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] Em nome de Dano
Enviada: terça-feira, 8 de Abril de 2014 05:35
Para: azores@googlegroups.com
Assunto: [AZORES-Genealogy] Re: Help with reading a record

Karen, this is a tough read for a baptism. The margin appears to be at least in
part in Latin. It mentions an impediment and there was an exorcism. The
narrative starts as you say: Miguel son of Manuel Machado Gomes and his wife
Maria Vieira, natives, residents, and parishioners of Ribeira Seca, parish of
the Apostle Sao Tiago, Villa de Calheta, Sao George island, born on the
twenty-eighth day of the month of September in the year one thousand seven
hundred and nine, refuted in exorcisms in this parish church by me, Antao
Homem, Vicar. Afterwards baptized at home on the thirty-first day of the
current month and year. Godmother was Anna Machado, wife of Amaro Lopes de
Sousa, son of those exorcised, also Manuel Ares, son of Antonio Vieira. All
natives and residents of this place and parish. I date and sign with the
witnesses present Padre Gonsalo Pedro Machado and Joam de Mattos da Sylveira,
day month and year. [signed: Vicar Antao Homen; Padre Gonsalo Pedro Machado;
Joao Mattos da Sylveira]

: