*I'm not sure - I stated such in my "attempted" translation of the record.
I didn't make up the term - it was written in the narrative, and the
margin, on the baptismal record. It was listed as an impediment (or not, as
the margin was not all that informative). The use of that term both in the
margin and the body of the document was troubling to me, considering that
this was a baptism of a day old infant.*

*So, without going into the minutia, I believe it means is that baptism was
considered to be a form of exorcism in church doctrine, and, may have been
recorded as such, by some of the church's ministers, during a certain
period, in some church records. This record was from a place that I haven't
researched previously, and, therefore, I am not versed in the norms of that
period, in that place, by those particular individuals. I, personally, have
not ever seen the term used in this manner, but, my 9 years of parochial
school education provided some insight as to how it may have
been interpreted. Perhaps, you can enlighten us as to the true meaning of
the document.*