Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 11:11:04 -0700
From: dpai...@gmail.com
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] use of "dona"

Well, Doug, and Nancy, not having been born, or grown up in the islands, I
can't speak definitively about the customs. However, I was brought up to
respect persons in the community. In my case the terms I was to use were Senhor
e Senhora - that, and the fact that I didn't speak a word of English before
entering parochial school, one might say that I was brought up as a Portuguese
[expatriate]???