From: 'Ralph Sellars' via Azores Genealogy <azores@googlegroups.com>
To: azores <azores@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Fri, May 9, 2014 8:56 pm
Subject: Fw: [AZORES-Genealogy] MyOrigins surprise findings from Family Finder
DNA testing

I find these discussions interesting and/or perhaps amusing ?

I am most curious about the term/statement which is regularly stated and
apparently accepted by many that we get half our genes from one parent and half
from the other.  It is logical to assume that both or either parents have equal
opportunity to provide genes.

Is there any scientific documentation that it is half and half?  Could it be
40/60 one way or another or perhaps 30/70?

My nursing degree wife tells me that the male determines the sex !  How do we
know that is a fact not hearsay?

In comments regarding Family Finder it is stated that the back ground of
siblings shows up differently.  How come.  Could it be that one child got 40%
from mom and 60% from dad while the other child got 70% from mom and only 30%
from Dad?

SMILE, just wondering!  Why do siblings turn out so much different from one
another if they all get an equal half?

Ralph E. Sellars, Jr.
E-Mail resj...@yahoo.com