I have a Joao Jose Bettencourt born June 16, 1782 - father Antonio.
 Haven't gone further back yet.

I have not had much luck in finding information for my grandfather,
Francisco Souza Rosa born 1887 in Graciosa (I am told). Arrive in Boston at
around age 4 or 5.  His parents were Manuel Rosa and Maria A. Rosa.   Any
clues would be appreciated.

Colleen Wright
Researching  Cunha, Rosa, Bettencourt in Graciosa