I just wanted to update on the research I did last night.  I started look
at the Obitos for Achada in the 1730s (going backward).  I haven't found
any Monte's as yet.

Then, I reviewed the marriage work I've already done.  I noted every
marriage from 1747-1777.  What strikes me is despite all those children
born to Miguel do Monte and 1 to 3 wives, I'm not finding them in the
Achada marriages.  I might not have gone early enough for group one which
is Manoel, Miguel, Andre, and Jozeph.  But I should have been smack in the
middle of the marriages for group two.  So far, I've only found Antonio dos
Reis and Felicia dos Reis.  Yet, there were 9 children total.  Has anyone
else come across the marriages for:  Francisca, Miguel, Manoel, Francisca
II, Roza, Maria, and an child, name unknown?

Then there is marriage 3.  I have 15 or 16 children in this group (there
are 2 Maria's that I haven't figure out if they are one).  I have found the
marriages for Manoel da Costa, Maria Furtado, and Joze Furtado.  I may
still hit some of the later born children in the rest of the marriage group
that goes to 1787.

Did many of these people die young?  I guess we won't know that until we
get into the obitos.  But, it seems there should be so many children
marrying and having children.  They should be all over Achada.  So, if they
lived to adulthood, where did they go?

A final note on Joze Furtado's baptismal record.  His parents are both
listed as natives of Achada.  I will have to go through this baptismal
group to see if all those named as his siblings all have parents natives of
Achada.  If this group really belongs to the Miguel do Monte with 3 wives,
the father should be listed as a native of Achadinha and the mother from
Agua Retorta, right?

Maybe one of the do Monte researchers has found the marriages that I
haven't seen?