On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 7:38:36 PM UTC-4, Erin Smith wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had any info on where I could trace back my
> ancestors records in Sao Miguel. I don't speak Portuguese. I have some info
> on them. My maternal grandfather was born in 1919 in Rhode Island. His father
> was Manuel (possible first name) Amaral and his mother was Maria Gloria
> Linhares both were from Sao Miguel. My maternal grandmother was born in Rhode
> Island in 1920's. Her mother was Maria Melo born 1902 in Vila Franca in Sao
> Miguel. My grandmom's father was Manuel Furtado Caetano born 1900 in Riberia
> Quente, Sao Miguel.

Mary/Maria Melo was born May 13,1902 Vila Franca
Manuel Furtado Caetano born Sept. 4, 1900 Riberia Quente
Manuel/Manoel Amaral born Nov. 1, 1877 Unknown town Sao Miguel
The one I'm having the most trouble with was born Oct. 8th, 1881 in the census
she has been listed as Maria Gloria Amaral , Mary Amaral and a website had her
name listed as Gloria Liandre when she was married in 1912. My mom thought it
was Linhares. I'm not sure if the website had Liandre as a misspelling or not.