Hello Everyone,

I thought I would post an update now that I have my mothers myorigins
results in l I have also  ordered a kit for one of my daughters I will
update when it comes in.

My Results

69% Southern Europe
15% Scandinavia
12% British Isles
05% North Africa

My Fathers Results

80% Southern Europe
08% British Isles
06% Scandinavia
05% North Africa

My Mothers Results

67% Southern Europe
23% Western and Central Europe
03% Eastern Europe
05% North Africa
02% East Central Africa(I do share SNP's with people with origins in
Eritrea) it is located very close to the Middle East.

As I have posted many times my family is from Pico Island. One of the
reasons that I chose to test all three of us was to get a better idea of
our DNA.

I have discovered some interesting things.

As I expected most of the matches were to people from Pico, and quite a few
with Faial and Sao Jorge, those are the nearest islands to Pico not
surprising . But then it gets interesting I will list in order of
frequency, next it jumps to Sao Miguel, then all the way to Flores, then
Graciosa, Terceira, and Santa Maria we have no matches with Corvo. I really
was expecting to have more matches with Graciosa and Terceira than Sao
Miguel and Flores based on the recorded history and the proximity of those
two islands with Pico. It really does look like we are one big extended
family in the Azores.  We also have many matches that appear to  not have
Portuguese ancestry.

However I believe most of the Middle Eastern portion of our DNA is
swallowed up by the Southern Europe category that issue will hopefully be
resolved if  FTDNA  includes a Sephardic Jewish population in myorigins for
comparison.

Antonio Faria