For what it is worth:  My desk top computer disk was failing.  Bought new big
touch screen desk top and Geek Squad contract to install and service.
Nobody could get my Family Tree V6 up and running on brand new idiot box.  So
had to pay to upgrade to Ancestry V8 and then again to Ancestry V10 because V8
was no longer supported.  I hate ANCESTRY'S  genealogy program !
Out of pure frustration and s_ _t luck I reinserted my V6 disk into the idiot
box and BINGO ! After running through warnings, incompatibility, unsupported
notices, and directions to contact Ancestry for an up grade, which of course I
had just paid for two, I have been running Borderbond,s FTM for a year and a
half now.
However, getting sick and tired of the hassle each time I open my FTM I elected
to break down and buy a new program.  I received Legacy today.  In attempting
to load it with my 20,000 FTM records I found I cannot create a GEDCOM from my
V6 as I get a message that my hard drive has been damaged and cannot make such
a file.
Now that message, I suspect, is left over from my old computer as that is one
of the ways I knew I had a problem that needed to be addressed and the reason I
bought the new HP and got stuck with Microsoft V8.
So Al,  I am sorry.  I am very sympathetic,  Welcome to the  Club!
My V6 seems to work satisfactorily in all other regards.  It takes up dates,
additions, merges etc, Prints charts, Pictures, reports etc.  I don't look
forward to manually reentering 20,000+ records.  But I am sufficiently put out
that it looks like that may be my only alternative.
 If any one has any suggestions as to what I might try I would be most grateful
for any suggestions.

Ralph E. Sellars, Jr. E-Mail resj...@yahoo.com