Hi Richard!

“sui júris” means “by himself, he/her is the responsible for the declaration,
there was no possibility of confirming what is being said…)

De: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] Em nome de Richard
Francis Pimentel
Enviada: segunda-feira, 22 de Dezembro de 2014 11:24
Para: Azores@googlegroups.com
Assunto: [AZORES-Genealogy] Meaning of word in obitos

I have been looking at a number of obitos in the last few days and I understand
most of what is written. Usually it will give a relationship such as
filho/filha, causado/causada, viuvo/viuva, and solterio/Solteria.

If you will look at the record below you will see sui juris. I am guessing that
it means roughly no relatives? But what is the actual translation?

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-RG-ESTRELA-O-1799-1811/SMG-RG-ESTRELA-O-1799-1811_item1/P114.html
 upper left

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel