Hi Cheri,

I was informed by someone that attended the recent talk in New York by
Bennett Greenspan regarding the differences in Ashkenazi and Sephardic
ancestry that Doron Behar the geneticist at FTDNA has collected some
samples of Sephardic Jews in North Africa. However there were problems with
those samples the community they collected from was very admixed with
Berber DNA, therefore  it was decided that FTDNA wouldn't use those samples
for the Sephardic reference population.

I don't recall the exact details regarding plan B but it  now appears that
FTDNA is working with someone in Israel to collect samples of Sephardic
Jews in Israel. The person that informed me of this also got the sense that
the it would take about a year before a Sephardic reference population
would be ready for MyOrigins.

Antonio