Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 08:08:40 -0800
From: antoniof1...@gmail.com
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Study on Sub-Saharan African Admixture in Europeans
and Middle Easterners

Hello,

This study is a few years old but I hadn't noticed it before. I have noticed
that it isn't unusual for some of my family finder matches to have between 1-3%
African DNA I am referring to West African and East African not North African
DNA. My mother has myorigins results show 2% East African and my daughter 1%
West African,  I was assuming like some others that I have communicated with
that the admixture was related to slavery in the Azores, although that may be
so in some cases we can't assume that because according to the findings of the
study Sub-Saharan African DNA was present in Southern European and Jewish
populations already I think this article addresses that really well.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/05/110524153536.htm

Antonio