From: azores@googlegroups.com [mailto:azores@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of A
Faria
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 4:39 PM
To: azores@googlegroups.com
Cc: fishsongf...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Study on Sub-Saharan African Admixture in
Europeans and Middle Easterners

There has been an academic study done looking at the maternal lineages of
Macronesia(Azores,Madeira,Canary Islands and Cape Verde) I believe the average
for the Azores for Mtdna with origins in Sub-Sahara Africa was 3.4%, paternal
lineages with origins in Sub-Sahara Africa in the Azores are extremely rare I
believe only one example has been found, using that as a guideline you would
expect an average of 1.7% of the Azorean genome to have origins in Sub-Saharn
Africa. I don't believe that result is far off. It is corroborated by
myorigins results that are coming in, many people are not showing 1% or higher
which is my case but when I use the Gedmatch calculators it definetely is
present especially when I look at my 22 Chromosomes in detail.

Antonio