This discussion is animated and interesting to say the least, but wait
until you see name of the father of Andre Raposo. He is Manuel da Costa
Pico, who comes from Faial da Terra. I sent Andrew the links. I think the
name has been altered through time. There is also a Piloto or Picoto in
Nordeste form a Rodrigues line. and the Pico is clearly Pico, but perhaps
it was truncated.

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-ND-SAOJORGE-C-1707-1743/SMG-ND-SAOJORGE-C-1707-1743_item1/P49.html

JR