I think the first time you think you see baptized  it actually says 
"satisfeito'" (satisfied; as in having satisfied the necessary 
requirements.  I think the second time you think you see baptized it 
actually says "deste bispado" (from this bishopric; I think it is saying 
that this marriage is done in compliance with a document from that 
bishopric.  I just can't make out the words before it).  It is definitely a 
marriage.  I do not exactly have the format for marriages down which makes 
it more difficult to decipher, especially since there is a lot of church 
jargon I am not familiar with.  I hope  this helps.

On another note for Linda:  Please tell me how to do this photo shop to 
make the faint print stand out.  I have never used this but it would be 
quite useful.

Bill Seidler 

On Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 7:38:53 PM UTC-7, [email protected] wrote:

>  Ok, I’m really confused on this one!  I can’t even figure out if it’s a 
> marriage or a baptism although, it IS supposed to be a marriage.  Below is 
> what I *think* I see.  Hoping that smks can help me with this one.
>
>
> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMA-VP-SAOPEDRO-C-1835-1860/SMA-VP-SAOPEDRO-C-1835-1860_item1/P67.html
>
> On the 13 of August 1858 in this Parochial Church of Sao Pedro, Island of 
> Santa Maria, in my presence Joao Soares de Macido?, I mean to say in the 
> presence of Jose Ignacio Viveiros Mello and witnesses Bernardino Tavares 
> and Antonio Soares Bettancourt, both married and of this parish and other 
> people present in the right form forbidding to discover impediments; having 
> bapitized and with the necessary requirements set out in the style of ???? 
> Reverand Ouvidos ???? Manoel de Santa ??? 9th of August of the 7th year 
> ??? office of the archives ??? Reverand Vice Vicar Jose Ignacio de Viveiros 
> Mello 
> ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????I 
> bapatized Firmino do Rego Tavares, legitimate son of Antonio do Rego 
> Tavares, deceased and Rosa Miguelina Bettancourt, natural of Sao Pedro with 
> Dona Maria Tavares, daughter of Ignacio Jorge Velho Bettancourt, deceased 
> and of Dona Marianna Flora de Amor Divino, native of the Matriz 
> ???????????????????????????
>
> Thanks in advance, Sam in Maz
>
> Sent from Windows Mail
>
> 

-- 
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) 
mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Azores.  Click in the blue area on the right 
that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Azores Genealogy" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/azores.

Reply via email to