      From: 'Susan Murphy' via Azores Genealogy <azores@googlegroups.com>
 To: azores@googlegroups.com
 Sent: Monday, May 4, 2015 10:23 AM
 Subject: Re: [AZORES-Genealogy] Translation please

Pat and Cheri,
This looks very much like the records that I have looked at in the archives in
Menlo Park on microfilm there....is this from Mission San Jose? If not, they
are just like this.  The priests did them in Latin and sometimes they almost
seem to make up names that they don't know how to translate. Knowing what we do
about Portuguese women's names, I bet that Ludovina is probably Luiza/Luisa.
You did a good job with no Latin Cheri....Usually the records that I looked at
had the names in the sidebar also
Susan Vargas Murphy