http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1854-1859/SMG-LG-ROSARIO-B-1854-1859_item1/P283.html

bottom half of page - MANUEL LUIZ

child of MANOEL LUIZ & MARIA DO CARMO NETO? (It doesn’t say legitimate here
so…is it?

It appears to me that his paternal grandfather is LUIS DA COSTA C______________
- which would mean that there is a family name change going on (or not, which
is why I really need help!) and his grandmother appears to be UMBELINA THOMASIA
DE JESUS

Maternal grandparents appear as Manoel Martins and Maria _______________

Date appears to be 1 February 1859 and I can’t make out the godparents.

This is my great-grandfather’s (My Dad’s mother’s grandfather) baptismal entry.
Any help is greatly appreciated and if you happen to have this line in your
tree I’d love to connect with you. Thanks in advance!

Joanne Grota Mercier