Obrigado, MaryAnn -- although I should correct one error I made (I blame
the late hour and having just been writing about some other political
leaders):  I referred to the "prime minister" of the Azores, but the chief
executive, the Azorean head of government, is in fact termed the
"president" (more fully, the "presidente do Governo Regional dos Açores,"
the "president of the Regional Government of the Azores").

David da Silva Cornell
Miami, FL

Researching the following surnames:

Faial - Terra (unknown freguesia(s))

Flores - Freitas, Lourenço, Coelho (unknown freguesia(s))

Pico - Silveira Cardoso, Macedo, Machado, Pereira Madruga, Ferreira,
Cardoso, Cardoso Machado, Vieira, Bettencourt, Dutra, Castanho, Homem,
Goulart, Quaresma, Moniz, Barreto, Silveira, Pereira, Álvares (all Lajes do
Pico)

S. Jorge - Silva, Botelho, Azevedo, Cardoso (Urzelina); Silva, Azevedo,
Cardoso (Santo António in Norte Grande)