From: "Cheri Mello" <gfsche...@gmail.com>
To: "azores" <Azores@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 10:47:35 AM
Subject: [AZORES-Genealogy] Fregoso Mello to Hawaii

Repost for Jo Mello Hartmann , joa1943 at yahoo.com

Hi! My maiden name is Mello - my grandfather's name was Manuel Fregoso Mello.
He was born on one of the Azorean islands in 1866! I believe he emigrated to
Hawaii in 1881 where he married Maria Medeiros abt 1888/9. Records a little
shaky. I understand the name Mello was so common in Hawaii the family was using
Fregoso as their surname while there for a time....that could just be a family
story......Most of the 16 kids were born in Hawaii, as was my father, Ernest
Mello in 1901!

Don't know how common Fragoso/Fregoso was in Azores......

http://groups.google.com/group/Azores . Click in the blue area on the right