Hi friends - I found an article about Jose Pimentel on another board, but
it may be a clue to something I've been trying to sort out.  I have a
mysterious "Sebastiao Jose Queiro Pimentel" (b ~1813, d 1892 Lomba, Flores)
in my tree, but have not found his birth or many others with the name
Quiero.  I do know he died 1892 in Lomba, I have that Obito.  Now I'm
wondering if he is somehow related to a Pimentel from Ribeira Do Bar*queiro*,
and that how Queiro became part of his name?  Just a thought.  I had not
previously searched the Frequesia of Santa Cruz believing my Sebastiao came
from the southern part of the island.

So the article lead me to Jose Pimentel, born 1813 in Ribeira Do Barqueiro,
Flores, and I "think" I've found his baptismo.  Could someone help me with
the translation - it's one of those "hard to read" ones (ugh).  I'm not
even sure I am in the right year on this one...

It's the 4th one down on the left page:

http://www.culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1826-1841/FLR-SC-SANTACRUZ-B-1826-1841_item1/P123.html

I see:

Jose, son of Jose Manuel Pimentel ? and Maria ?

(are they from this frequesia or somewhere else?)

Paternos Antonio Jose Pimentel B?? and Maria ? Furtado?

Maternos  ??? and Maria Freitas?

Padrinho Jose ?? and his wife Antonia Jose e Maria ??

Born..at this point I see a lot of numbers written out but can't make them
out, so I'm not sure what it is saying.

Thanks for any help you have time to give.

Mary