Hello guys,

Thus it is that down the couple Manoel da Costa (Carreiro) and Barbara da Ponte.

The difficulty in moving beyond this couple is that I have wanted for his life
in Maia, and the earliest record of birth available there is 1665.

Well, here comes my doubts.

I also found the death of Manoel da Costa, Miller, occurred on 10/02/1698 in
Maia, and that death is said that Manoel was buried in the grave of his father,
Gaspar Lourensso (written with two "s" there ).

But how to make sure that this Manoel da Costa is even Manoel da Costa father
of Manoel da Costa Carreiro and would have been married to Barbara da Costa?

I noticed a funny thing.

I looked ALL marriages registered in Maia, I began searching for a possible
second marriage of Manoel da Costa, to see if, seeking in deaths, could find a
death some Manoel someone widower, I would not have noticed, but what really
got me It caught my attention is that in addition to her son's wedding, Manoel
da Costa Carreiro with Izabel da Costa and then Maria Ferreira, there is no
other wedding any other son of Manuel and Barbara.

It is not strange that? In those years an only child.

Reviewing Manoel marriage certificate Carreiro da Costa with Izabel da Costa,
it is said that all were Maia, but in fact, the wording is ambiguous, may or
may not be all but a few.

Is it not possible, in my view, that seek birth more children couple Manuel and
Barbara Maia because the records do not make possible, but weddings, ah, that
if there were, it would appear.

For now, my conclusion is that Manuel and Barbara couple did not live in Maia,
but in some other place, and that would explain even not find even Barbara's
death record , which will not found it.

It's more or less what I wanted to share with you to start our conversation.

A hug and be happy to know it.

Cesar Pimentel

cesarpimentel....@hotmail.com