I have not posted my search and the information I have on my husband's paternal
grandmother for a long time.  The email from Christine gave me information on
her husband, Fillipe Pereira da Silva.  In the US she used many names:  Maria
or Mary, Pereira da Silva; Pereira; or Silva.

1.       Her name:
In 2006, I received an email from a great-grandson of MC’s brother Jose.  He
wrote “on Ancestry.com I found Maria Cristo immigrated July 31, 1909.”I found
an arrival of “Maria Moraes arriving July 31, 1909, age 25, est. birth yr.
1884, F, Portuguese, port of departure: St. michaels, Az, Portugal; ship name,
Cretic; arriving at Boston, MA; last residence, Azores, birthplace, St.
Barbara, Azores.”  I received this information from someone and I never saw the
name of the person she was going to.  I think she would have come to her
brother, Seraphine who immigrated 10/24/1904 and I have found his name as:
Serafim Morais/Morris/Moraes in different census.
On her marriage record:  11/27/09 she is: Maria de Christ Moraes
2.       DOB, where??? :  May 22, 1884/1885 Lomba da Santa Barbara, Sao Miguel,
Azores, (oral history told to me by her daughter)
She married in 1909 and said she was 22 years old (I have the marriage record
from St. Mary’s church in Bristol, RI.)
3.      Father:  Joao Moraes, he died 4/13/1899, I found his death record in
2006.
4.      Mother: Jacinta Libianna
5.      When did she come to US:  I think she came to the US to her brother,
Seraphine Moraes.  This is what her daughter told me.  It had to have been
before Nov. 1909 when she married.
6.      In the 1910 census Fellippe E. & Mary C. Silva, are living with
seraphim & Rosa Morais at 15 East Brooks. St.   in Bristol, RI she lived on
Estbrook St.  with her husband, Fillippe Silva.  She was listed as Maria C.
Silva who immigrated in 1909.
1927-1928, 1929-1930/ 1935-1936; 1937 census, Phillip & Mry Perry, carpenter,
live at 66 Blossom St.
1938; 1939, 43, 66 Blossom St. per City directory
1947 moved to Oakland, CA
7.      In 2005, at the Oakland FHCC, I found a Maria Moraes arriving
7/31/1909, age 25, est. yob 1884, F, Portuguese; departed: S.Miguel; ship’s
name is Crotic; arrived in Boston, MA
8.      She was 24 years old when her daughter Mary was born in 1911.

Any help in locating a document that connects her to the biological family she
"thought" was here.
Thanks, Celeste

Celeste Perry ccgran...@yahoo.com