Repost for Christian Day, warlock at christianday.com
Message 1:
Oh ok. I just looked at that. I thought Praia was a part of an area called
Sao Mateus. But that's the church?

Message 2:
Here's where Wikipedia refers to Praia in the context of Sao Mateus and
that "São Mateus was one of the first Captaincies of the Azores." I realize
Wikipedia is often wrong but I just want to clarify that Soa Mateus is just
a church.

Message 3:
Hi Walt,

Thank you. A friend found me that today at:

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/GRA-
SC-SAOMATEUS-C-1808-1825/GRA-SC-SAOMATEUS-C-1808-1825_item1/P74.html

But I think Mara posted a couple of other helpful ones on another thread.

Thank you all so much. I've spent many hours sifting through these and, as
Cheri mentioned to me, I'm on the uphill of the learning curve. I just hope
my eyes last. haha

Message 4:
Hi Walt,

Yes, image 0084 is the one I have. And I also found a marriage record for
Manuel and Maria that lists a "father" of some sort for Manuel whereas
Francisco's baptism lists Rosa Maria as single. But Manuel's father is not
listed as "natural" or "legitimate" so maybe it's either the unmarried
father or an adoptive one. I believe I just created another thread but
here's the link to Manuel and Maria's marriage here as well: