Santa Madre Ingreja, as you use it, is probably not a parish church. You
usually find it as part of the formula used in a marriage record, e.g. "casaram
conforme o ritual de Santa Madre Igreja conforme os decretos do Sagrado
Concilio de Trento..." (They were married in accordance to the ritual of Holy
Mother, the Church, as decreed by the Council of Trent, etc....) So Santa Madre
Igreja is a title given to describe the Catholic Church, as mother of the
faithful.

JMR

    On Tuesday, September 6, 2016 10:56 PM, 'j Bc' via Azores Genealogy