Hello,

I'm trying to establish a connection between a Thomas Bettencourt (17 MAY
1867 • Luz, Santa Cruz da Graciosa, Graciosa, Azores) on my tree—who I
discovered via confessional rolls as the son of José Correa Bettencourt
(abt. 1808) and Maria Candida—and a Thomas Correia Bettencourt (abt. 1866,
Azores) who appears in several trees I've found and whose descendant I have
a DNA match too. While it's easy to think they're the same person, the only
connecting info I've been able to find is that one person's tree has a
Joseph Bettencourt and Maria Candida listed as parents. However, when I
contacted the owner of this tree, he couldn't remember how he got that info
but that he had talked to several of his Thomas' great-grandchildren and
that's where he got info. I'm reticent to assume the two are the same
though I have a hunch they are and am trying to find any sort of passenger
info and am not having much luck. If any of you come across this name in
your travels, please let me know! :)

Thank you!

Christian