Basically, there is an Ancestry tree that lists Joseph Bettencourt and
Maria Candida as the parents of that person's Thomas Correia Bettencourt
but he can't remember how he got that info and I've asked him to follow up
with the people he spoke to that gave him info on that particular Thomas
because I have a "very high" 4th cousin DNA match to someone *else* who has
a tree with that same Thomas Correia Bettencourt in it. *My* Thomas
Bettencourt has a father named José Correa Bettencourt and Maria Candida
and both the José (Joseph) and "Correa" lead me to believe that their
Thomas Bettencourt (my great uncle) is the same as the one to came to
Peabody but I have no way of knowing until this guy lets me know where he
found the parentage of his Thomas (probably from those grand grandkids
since it said Joseph and not José). I figured if I could find a passenger
list from 1910 with Thomas on it I'd be able to connect them, especially if
I found other connecting info from that list along with it. My guess is
they're the same based on the DNA match. Since this would be the first
non-French Canadian DNA match to either side of my family, I'm rather
curious to find out.