Hmmm, that could be one reason. I've never asked why. I think I will next
time. Maybe it's not a large enough percent of their sales to make it worth
their while to pay by PayPal. I know of a bagel shop here that says
something like "$10 minimum credit card purchase" or something along those
lines.  Cheri

Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 12:54 AM, João Ventura <j...@venturas.org> wrote:

> Yes, I agree.
>
> However, I'm guessing they want to discourage people paying with Paypal..
> Their processing fees are a bit higher than other payment options.
>
> João
>
> On Thursday, 17 November 2016 18:12:26 UTC+1, Cheri Mello wrote:
>>
>> (Cross posted to Azores, Madeira, IslandRoutes)
>>
>> I've got a payment question, so I thought I would post it to all lists.
>>
>> Family Tree DNA (FTDNA) accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express.
>>
>> If you want to use PayPal, you need to call them at 713-868-1438 (then
>> press 3) M-Th 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Fri 9 a.m.-12 noon CST.
>>
>> If you are NOT in the U.S. (or cannot call during those hours), you're
>> going to have to email me and I'll have to place the order for you on
>> Invoice. Then I'll notify FTDNA and they will set up a personal PayPal link
>> for you to use.
>>
>> You'd think a DNA company that ships worldwide and deals with science
>> would have a Pay Pal option on the payment screen.
>>
>> Cheri
>>
>> Cheri Mello
>> Listowner, Azores-Gen
>> Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das
>> Tainhas, Achada
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 1:25 PM, Cheri Mello <gfsc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> (Cross posted to Azores, Madeira, IslandRoutes)
>>>
>>> This coupon code thing is working somewhat differently this year (and
>>> they got rid of that dancing box that drove some of us with multiple kits
>>> crazy).
>>>
>>> 1) Log into your DNA page (or for a kit you manage).
>>> 2) Click on the Holiday Reward button.
>>> 3) Decide if you want the coupon or not. If not.....
>>> 4) Scroll about halfway down to the GREEN "Share Now" button.