(Cross posted to Azores, Madeira, IslandRoutes)

I asked FTDNA how far behind they were on shipping kits (last I heard it
was 2 days). Now it is more. They said they are working on orders placed on
Dec. 20th and they have other people from other departments in shipping
working on making the kits (2 vials, 2 swabs, instruction sheet - you get
the idea). They are 7 days behind. So it may take a kit 2 weeks or longer
to get to you depending on where you live.

By looking at the Azores DNA project, they have sold in excess of 46,000
NEW kits! Wow, we will be getting lots of new matches in the new year! In
addition to that, people have ordered other types of testing too, which is
not in my 46,000 count. Wow, sounds like some of us will be have a Happy
Genealogical New Year!

Please consider DNA testing if you have not yet done so. It's another tool
we can use in our genealogy toolbox!
Cheri Mello, Family Tree DNA Admin (volunteer)