Madrinha (godmother) Apellonia (Apolonia) Ferreira

Twins: name and tile of priest.

Maria Elena, as far as I can tell, you're looking at an index of sorts.
What's strange is that is in the middle of this book. I'm not certain if it
is for baptisms or confirmations.  There are no titles nor explanatory
notes.  You will note there are no dates either, I'm inclined to think it
might be confirmations index.  If it is you will have to find the records 7
to 10, 12 years earlier.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 11:46 AM, Maria Lima <maria.lima...@gmail.com> wrote:

> First time I've seen this: Baptisms are recorded with no dates.   Almost
> all names  abbreviated like the recorder was trying to save space.  .  The
> only other info is  either the name of the godmother or godfather.
>
> I found 2 children born to Antonio Ferreira x Maria Carvalha.     The
> first one I could not read the name of the godmother but I think she's
> related to the father because the last name is Ferreira.
>
> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-
> PD-GINETES-B-1678-1707/SMG-PD-GINETES-B-1678-1707_item1/P118.html
>
> Right hand page-12th name down:
>

> *Margarida*, daughter of Antonio  Ferreira x Maria Carvalha- can someone
> read the godmother(?).  Something Ferreira
>

> Then the same couple had twins- if I'm reading it right(?)
>
> Right hand page- 18th down-  Does it say:
>

> http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-
> PD-GINETES-B-1678-1707/SMG-PD-GINETES-B-1678-1707_item1/P119.html
>

> Manoel and Bras (Braz?) filhos of Antonio Ferreira x Maria Carvalho?
> After that the priest wrote the same thing in almost all of the records-
> something about "conmigo".  (With me)
>
>  The priest must have copied a lot of names from some other record; names
> that would have been lost.  There's also a notation by a priest (I think)
>  at the end of the list.   After that  the record returns to the standard
> recordings.  (Thankfully!!?)
>
> Thank you for any help you can give me😀
>
> I may have to look for marriages to get an idea f years of birth.  Bummer.

> <http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-GINETES-B-1678-1707/SMG-PD-GINETES-B-1678-1707_item1/P118.html>
>
> Maria Elena

Margaret M Vicente