I think the father is Antonio because the priest uses the abbreviation
Ant.o for him, and but not for the padrinho where he writes "Anta + sign
that looks like a capital S indicating o and tilde.

just an aside: I also think the padrinho seems to be playing with how he
will sign his name as he becomes a full adult (ok, which is cooler? this A
or that one?  Antam is nice and solid, but maybe too old fashioned?...
hmmm... definitely keep the swirls.)

:)

Linda