Hi all!

I have not posted in a few years but have decided to dust off the family
history research and continue on.

I am looking to follow the paternal line of my father-in-law, Frank Gomes,
who was born on March 1, 1911 in Watsonville, CA and died on October 22,
1989 in Concord, CA.  His parents were Manuel Gomes (born around 1877 (?)
- somewhere in the Azores) and Mary A. Brown. Frank's siblings are Eva
Gomes, Louise Gomes, Florence Gomes, Manuel Gomes and Raymond Gomes.  Frank
has three children: JoAnn Gomes Taylor, Larry Gomes and Gary Gomes.

We have been going thru Ancestry.com and see some of the various Census
records from the Central Valley here in CA but all that we see listed as a
birthplace for Manuel is Portugal with nothing specific. We are trying to
figure out where Manuel's paternal line leads to in the Azores.

Help! :)

Caroline Gomes
Northern California