Hi John!

Thank you for the info!  We think our Manuel is Manuel E. Gomes. His oldest
son, Frank (my husband's paternal grandfather) was born in Watsonville, as
well as one or two siblings and the rest were born in the Modesto area.  My
husband does have Flores Island in his line but that is thru the Vierra
side on his mother's side.

The search continues!
Caroline